FILM RECORDING - digital to film
ABOUT DIGITALSILVER / FILM RECORDING - dr5-INTERPOSITIVE PROCEDURE DIGITAL-SILVER and FILM RECORDING
SCANNING • DIGITALSILVER PRICE LIST • FILM RECORDING WRITE-UP
FTP UPLOAD [no longer available]
• DIGITAL IMAGES ARCHIVED BACK TO FILM
• LVT & CRT OUTPUT
• RETOUCHING ORIGINAL SCANNED NEGS & BURN BACK TO FILM FOR FIBER PRINTING
• CREATE A LARGER WORKING ORIGINAL
• 1ST RATE REPRODUCTIONS FOR DISTRIBUTION/PRESENTATION
• CONVERSION OF TRANSPARENCIES TO NEGATIVES OR VISA-VERSA
• SPECIAL APLICATIONS - use with pre-century process
• OVER 14-B&W FILM TYPES AVAILABLE FOR USE
• 35mm TO 8x10 FILM OUTPUT SIZE
• FULL CONTROL LVT B&W NEGATIVE [EXCLUSIVE dr5 INTERPOSITIVE-NEGATIVES]
• ARCHIVE SCANNED-RETOUCHED ORIGINALS, BACK TO FILM
• LVT-OUTPUT TO; dr5-B&W-POSITIVE, B&W-NEG, B&W-INTERPOSITIVE
• CRT-OUTPUT TO E6 & ALL B&W SERVICES / 35mm & 2-1/4 [only b&w for LVT].
CRT Image Preparation: Almost any file type can be used when recording to CRT. Size is also not critical as long as the file isn't smaller than the output required. A decent quality positive or negative can be produced with smaller file sizes. Example: A 4x5 negative can be made from a file size as small as 16megs. The software aids in this quality. It is best the file are as big as possible but; 8-bit & RGB is best.
CRT Image size guide: Files for CRT: JPG, TIFF, PSD, PDF, EPS. If you are sending images from your digital camera shot in RAW it best you save them as TIFF files. A good/decent 2-1/4 neg can be had from a file as small as 10mgs. The general rule is the bigger the file is, the better the film output.
LVT Image Preparation : Files MUST be: TIFF - RGB - 8 bit files - flattened - NO profiles attached - saved as an IBM TIFF. There is a $15 fee if you leave us with extensive computer work and is charged on a case by case basis, for recording. There is no extra charge for large files and we suggest the biggest file possible. An LVT output is the best quality output but requires a large file size.
Image size guide: Files for LVT output need to be a particular size for the output you require:
60/70mg - 2.25 x -- output
210mg - 4x5 output
900mg - 8x10 output
Always scan your images a little larger than the file size needed for output. We can make the small adjustments needed for the exact size required. Digital images or smaller files will have to be interpolated up in size.
ALL DIGITAL SERVICES HAVE 5 -14 DAY TURN-AROUND. (Service times may vary depending on calibration and job-type)
ALL FILM RECORDING ORDERS REQUIRE PAYMENT INFO BEFORE THE JOB STARTS.
RUSH SERVICE IS POSSIBLE BUT NOT ALWAYS AVAILABLE.
HOURS : OPEN MONDAY - FRIDAY 9:00am - 4:30pm weekend: closed